From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Tests for lib.string::find methods
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 16:21:47 GMT
Anton Pevtsov wrote:
> Martin, I updated test for the find method. It required several minor
> changes to 21.strings.cpp and 21.strings.h.
> The most important - I added "int nres" member to the TestCase structure
> and updated the existing tests properly.
>
> The difference files and new test are here:
> http://people.apache.org/~antonp/stdcxx04262006/
>
> I hope there will be no problems to access them.

No problems. The changes look pretty good. I think we should be
able to accommodate find without adding the new TestCase member,
though. Instead we can reuse res_len. Feel free to rename it to
reflect its dual purpose.

One other request: could you please change all occurrences of
charT in the comments to read value_type and remove the formal
argument?

E.g., change:

     find (const charT* s)

     find (const value_type*)

With these changes please go ahead and commit.

  [...]
> And there is small question - does stdcxx support 16-bit architectures?

It should, even though we're not testing on any at the moment.

> If yes we should modify MemberId enum elements to keep them less than 1
> << 16.

The underlying type for a C++ emum is required to be wide enough
to fit the largest enumerator regardless of the hardware so this
should not be a concern on conforming implementations.

Martin