From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r396375 [1/2] - in /incubator/stdcxx/trunk/tests: include/21.strings.h src/21.strings.cpp strings/21.string.append.cpp strings/21.string.assign.cpp strings/21.string.replace.cpp
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 02:07:25 GMT
sebor@apache.org wrote:
> Author: sebor
> Date: Sun Apr 23 18:58:16 2006
> New Revision: 396375

Anton, this implements some of the features we discussed. In the
process of consolidating code from the individual tests into the
21.strings.cpp driver file I inadvertently removed some of the
command line option handling. I'll put it back tomorrow. I also
plan on moving some additional code from the tests into the
driver and streamlining them even further.

Let me know how this looks to you and if you have any suggestions
for changes and/or improvements.

Martin

> Log:
> 2006-04-23  Martin Sebor  <sebor@roguewave.com>
>
> 	* 21.strings.h (UnknownChar, UnknownTraits, UnknownAllocator): Added.
> 	(sig_void): Defined to 1 instead of 0 to distinguish an "unknown"
> 	value from a known one.
> 	(MemberId): New member indentifying a set of overloads of a given
> 	member function of basic_string.
> 	(SignatureId): Renamed from MemberFunction and defined partly in
> 	terms of MemberId constants.
> 	(Function): New struct uniquely identifying a specific overload of
> 	a given member function of a particular specialization of basic_string.
> 	(setvars): Renamed from format, changed signature and semantics and
> 	made private.
> 	(run_test): New function to run all test cases defined by a test.
> 	* 21.strings.cpp (setvars): Defined the environment variables CLASS,
> 	FUNC, FUNCSIG, and FUNCALL to the name of the specialization of the
> 	class template, the name of the member function, and the name of the
> 	overload of the member function, respectively, and optionally, the
> 	call to the member function with argument expanded.
> 	(run_test): Runs all test cases specified by each test.
> 	* 21.string.append.cpp: Simplified by using the above.
> 	(MemFun): Defined to StringMembers::Function.
> 	(tests): Made static local and removed function signatures obviated
> 	by the above changes.
> 	* 21.string.assign.cpp: Same.
> 	* 21.string.replace.cpp: Same.
[...]