From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r395448 - in /incubator/stdcxx/trunk/tests: include/21.strings.h src/21.strings.cpp
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 23:36:13 GMT
Anton Pevtsov wrote:
[...]
> I think there is
> no need in special formatting directive at this time -
> the format and format_hdr (the same to format but only parameters
> declaration) functions will do all work.

I keep wishing I could use the same formatting function to format
not only the rw_assert() strings but also those produced by calls
to rw_info(). I.e., to be able to format the name of the template
specialization without having to spell out "basic_string" with all
the template parameters or passing in pfid->cname_, pfid->tname_,
pfid->aname_, etc.

Now that I'm looking at moving the MemFun struct into the common
header the duplication of data (i.e., initializing cname_, tname_,
and aname_) between the tests and the driver is even more obvious
than before. And while I could use the format() function to do
this for me it's less convenient than a new directive would be.

Martin