From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: basic_string::insert (iterator p, InputIterator first, InputIterator last) on Linux, gcc-4.0.2
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 11:52:16 GMT
Anton Pevtsov wrote:
> The basic_string::insert (iterator p, InputIterator first, InputIterator
> last) doesn't work correctly on Linux for string str when
> first = str.begin() + 1, last = str.begin() + 3.

Does the replace test fail as well? Since insert() just calls
replace() I would expect it to fail. If it doesn't, either the
replace test isn't exhaustive enough or what you're seeing is
due to a problem in something other than string.

FWIW, it doesn't fail with gcc 3.4.3 on Cygwin. That might be
because the MSVC debug library behaves differently (e.g., it
scribbles over freed/uninitialized memory).

Martin