From "Tatireddy, Vinod " <TATIRED...@coned.com>
Subject RE: Error with Xeresc header file with Compaq C++
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 13:54:17 GMT
>Martin Wrote,
>Are you sure you have the right list then? What part of the code uses
the Apache C++ Standard
>Library? If none, you are likely to get a much more informed response
on one of the xerces lists >(or a Compaq/HP C++ list/support forum).
I guess you are asking about whether I have complete XERCESC library
installed or not? if so, Yes. I have successfully parsed and generated
XML's using my testing programs on the same machine. The error iam
getting is  from the classes that I have merged with  some vendor code.
BTW, there is no problem in vendor code if comment out member object "X*
DOMparsing" in  Class ExampleInterfaceCont(),  ExampleInterfaceCont.C
compilesandlso I get same error while compiling  XY.C which is derived
class from ExampleInterface. BTW, DOM parsing code is in
ExampleInterface.C which has static function to initialize XML parsing
and another member function which takes xml string to parse and extract
Text nodes.
  1)File :-  ExampleInterface.C
  Class ExampleInterface {
   Static Void InitializeParsing() {
         XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize();
          parser=new XercesDOMParser;
          parser->setValidationScheme( XercesDOMParser::Val_Never );
         parser->setDoNamespaces( false );
         parser->setDoSchema( false );
        parser->setLoadExternalDTD( false );
        parser->setIncludeIgnorableWhitespace(false);
   }
   // member functions to handle XML nodes goes here...
  }

  2)File :- XY.C
 Class X : public ExampleInterfcae {
 }
 Class  Y: public ExampleInterfcae {
 }

  3)File :-ExampleInterfaceCont.C
 Class ExampleInterfaceCont {
  X* DOMparsing
  }

 Main()
 {
    ExampleInterface::InitializeParsing;
    X xobject;
    ExampleInterface*[3];
    ExampleInterface[1]=&xobject;
    ExampleInterfaceCont Cont=new StarInterfaceCont();
 }