From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r387240 - /incubator/stdcxx/trunk/tests/strings/21.string.replace.cpp
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:40:37 GMT
Anton Pevtsov wrote:
> Martin Sebor wrote:
>  >> Anton, I'm not sure I understand what the parity business is all
>  >> about. Could you add a comment to the test explaining what it's for?
>
> I replaced the variable with macro definition (LLEN / 2). It is used
> only for convenience.
>
> Martin Sebor wrote:
>  >> Also, I wonder if we could introduce a descriptive enum for the which
>  >> argument. Using hardcoded integers makes the test hard to follow.
>
> Yes, I thought about it. And I added the ReplaceTags enum in this
> version. Also I made some formatting changes. The diff file is attached.

It looks great! It would be nice to also come up with a consistent
naming convention for these types of overloads and apply it to all
string and container tests (both to these kinds of tags as well as
to command line options). Let me think on it some and propose one.

These changes are OK to commit.

Thanks!
Martin