From Anton Pevtsov <ant...@moscow.vdiweb.com>
Subject Re: Re: svn commit: r387240 - /incubator/stdcxx/trunk/tests/strings/21.string.replace.cpp
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:26:10 GMT
Martin Sebor wrote:
 >> Anton, I'm not sure I understand what the parity business is all
 >> about. Could you add a comment to the test explaining what it's for?

I replaced the variable with macro definition (LLEN / 2). It is used
only for convenience.

Martin Sebor wrote:
 >> Also, I wonder if we could introduce a descriptive enum for the which
 >> argument. Using hardcoded integers makes the test hard to follow.

Yes, I thought about it. And I added the ReplaceTags enum in this
version. Also I made some formatting changes. The diff file is attached.

Here is the change log:

2006-03-20  Anton Pevtsov  <antonp@moscow.vdiweb.com>

    * 21.string.replace.cpp (LPAR): Macro definition changed
    (long_parity_len): Removed as obsolete.
    (ReplaceTags): New enum containing the descriptive "which"
    arguments.
    (test_cases): Strings alignment changed.
    (test_replace): Changed to use ReplaceTags members, type of
    "which" variable changed to ReplaceTags.
    (note_test_disabled): The same.
    (run_test): The same.

I plan to port tests for insert, append and assign in the same to
replace way. Ok?

Thanks,
Anton Pevtsov

/incubator/stdcxx/trunk/tests/strings/21.string.replace.cpp

antonp@apache.org wrote:

 >> Author: antonp
 >> Date: Mon Mar 20 08:32:51 2006
 >> New Revision: 387240

Anton, I'm not sure I understand what the parity business is all about.
Could you add a comment to the test explaining what it's for?

Also, I wonder if we could introduce a descriptive enum for the which
argument. Using hardcoded integers makes the test hard to follow.

Thanks
Martin