From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: test for 21.string::erase
Date Sun, 12 Mar 2006 01:08:08 GMT
Anton Pevtsov wrote:
> The attached file contains new version of the test for string::erase.
> I merged tests for all erase versions into one function and added
> UserChar's tests.

Okay, thanks. I found a few small problems and decided to correct
them myself and commit the result -- see:

Attached is a diff of the changes. The most important one is to the
CALLFMT and CALLARGS macros where the test would fail to print the
string argument past the first NUL. The other (minor) issues were
the bad spelling of the $Id$ RCS keyword (missing closing $) and
the file name (should be 21.string.erase). Please look over the diff
so that we can avoid running into the same issues in the future :)

Also, I would like each test to be able to disable exceptions using
a command line option (say, "--no-exceptions"). Could you please add
this capability to this test? Finally, it would be good to provide
options to disable each overload of the tested function, i.e.,
--no-erase, --no-erase-iterator, --no-erase-range, --no-erase-pos,
and no-erase-count. Let's also use this naming convention in the
rest of the string and container tests. We should also have a
uniform naming convention for the options that control the user
defined character type and user-defined traits (I used
--no-UserTraits in 0.char.cpp but I am willing to change it to
--no-user_traits of you like that better).

Thanks again.
Martin