From "Edward Slattery" <edslatt...@googlemail.com>
Subject SDO STL API
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 18:04:47 GMT
Hi all,

I want to replace the current C++ SDO interface with a C++ STL interface.
Particularly, I want to have a means of loading XML strings into some stored
string, and preserving the character set. I also want to provide a get/set
API for data object which returns some form of string, not a char* as at
present.

I think the way to do that cleanly would be to create an SDOString class,
which internally holds either a std::wstring, or a std::wstring*. This class
would have minimal functionality such as operator=, construction from char*,
construction from wchar_t* etc.

Is this a good way to make progress?

I am assuming that I would be able to use stdcxx on linux and windows, and
just put it ahead of the microsoft equivalent headers in the include path -
is that OK?

Any ideas, assistance, known issues etc? Anyone done just that a few days
ago?

regards,

Ed.