From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Testsuite self-test failure on NetBSD 3.0
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 22:38:58 GMT
Andrew Black wrote:
> Greetings all.
>
> While running the different executables in the stdcxx test suite, I
> encountered a segfault executing the printf selftest.  The following is
> the backtrace.

This might be caused by __rw::__rw_memattr() not detecting that
(char*)1 is not a valid pointer to a character string. A simple
test case to confirm this hypothesis would go something like
this:

   #include <cassert>
   #include <sys/types.h>

   namespace __rw {
       ssize_t __rw_memattr (const void*, size_t, int);
   }

   int main () {
       assert (-1 == __rw::__rw_memattr ((void*)1, 1, -1));
   }

Martin