From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: tests compilation time
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 20:33:06 GMT
Anton Pevtsov wrote:
[...]
> I've tried this way in the lib.set.union test but had no luck: I faced
> with the problem of the iterator type retrieving by the given constant
> (It is possible to hardcode all 64 possible iterators permutations and
> avoid the problem, but will this make sense?). So, I am not sure that I
> cought your idea above (did you mean something like traits class?).
> Could you explain your approach or provide some example, please?

I committed the change below to the 25.merge.cpp test that shows what
I have in mind. As the ChangeLog mentions the results are quite good
which confirms that it's a good strategy going forward. I admit that
I spent way more time on it than I would have liked (about 4 hours)
which makes me question whether it's worth rewriting the tests you
have already ported.

   http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi?rev=377817&view=rev

Martin