From Anton Pevtsov <>
Subject Re: test for lib.equal.range
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 16:11:23 GMT
There were a couple of typo errors in the version I sent yesterday.
The attach contains corrected version of the test.

With best wishes,
Anton Pevtsov.

-----Original Message-----
From: Anton Pevtsov []
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 19:06
Subject: test for lib.equal.range

The attached file contains the test for the lib.equal.range algorithm.

I have one small question about the complexity of this algorithm: The
standard talks that it should be at most 2 * log (last - first) + 1.

But for some small sequences I got 2 * log (last - first) + 2 (this is
the sum of lower.bound and upper.bound "complexities").

I am not sure that this may be considered as a bug, so the test consider
2 * log (last - first) + 2 as a correct value.

I'll check this on other stl implementations (at first glance there will
be the same result).

With best wishes,
Anton Pevtsov

View raw message