From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: 0.new.cpp
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 20:53:58 GMT
Liviu Nicoara wrote:
> I have attached my attempt at converting new.cpp "self" test to the new
> driver.

This looks okay but it exposes a problem -- the test produces a bunch
of errors like the one below:

# ERROR (S8) (4 lines):
# TEXT: /build/sebor/dev/stdlib/tests/src/new.cpp:560: deallocation
mismatch: pointer allocated 9th in the program with a call to operator
new(0) being deallocated with the wrong form of operator delete[](0013c760)

I suspect it's because you replaced the calls to fprintf() in new.cpp
with those to rw_error(). I still think that was a good change but we
need to add to disable it for this test.

Btw., I might just commit this test but we need to implement a solution
for these (expected) errors sometime soon. The driver has an --expect
option that would do this from the command line or from the environment.
It seems that setting the --expect option in the environment of the
test (programmatically from within the test itself) might be the way
to go here.

Martin

PS Also, the formatting strings passed to the rw_error() calls in
new.cpp have redundant trailing newlines -- they should be removed.
Could you please make the change and commit it?