From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: [Re: [Fwd: Solution generartion script for Intel 9.0 compiler]]
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2005 23:48:45 GMT
Anton Pevtsov wrote:
> Martin Sebor wrote:
>
>>> Now that we have this resolved we can commit the changes.
>>> Anton, could you please send a ChangeLog entry describing all the
>>> changes you made?
>>

> Yes, see the description below, please.

Thanks! I've applied your patch and committed it with this change:
   http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi?rev=358881&view=rev

Just a comment on the ChangeLog entries. The expected format is as
follows:

<TAB>* <filename> (symbol): Description of changes.
<TAB>(symbol): Description of changes.
<TAB>* <filename> (symbol): Description of changes.

Here's a pretty good convention to follow:
http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/standards.html#Change-Logs

[...]
> * config.js:
> Added library directories collection into the Linker "class"

So this should be
	* config.js (Linker): Added library directories collection.

and similarly for all other changes. In big patches like this one
it's important to list each changed function (or symbol) separately,
especially when there is more than one change in the same file.

Martin