From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: config failures
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2005 21:49:28 GMT
Liviu Nicoara wrote:
> Caused by parallel builds. :-(

Which are explicitly mentioned in the README as not working. But who
reads documentation, right? (I'm not being facetious.)

It might be a nice enhancement to get the configuration infrastructure
to work with the parallel option.

OTOH, I've been thinking about rewriting the infrastructure so as not
to rely on (recursive invocations of) make, e.g., in awk or some other
portable language, for efficiency. This enhancement would be even more
welcome than the parallelization.

Both of these are probably going to be involved, so until we find the
time and energy to tackle them, the easiest enhancement to make the
configuration more user-friendly is probably to change GNUmakefile.cfg
to detect and prevent parallel builds altogether.

Martin