From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: makefiles issues
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 22:30:34 GMT
Liviu Nicoara wrote:
> Martin,
>
> This one is not working with any targets when invoked anew from TOPDIR:
>
> #   $ make [ BUILDTYPE=<build-type> ] \
> #          [ BUILDDIR=<build-dir> ] \
> #          [ CONFIG=<config-file> ] \
> #          [ PHDIR=<plumhall-testsuite-source-dir> ]
> #          [ <targets> ]

I'm not sure I understand what exactly is not working. Can you show
the actual command and the output?

> AFAICT the comments describing the targets seem to have typos:
>
> # From $TOPDIR or $BUILDDIR to configure if necessary and build the lib,
> # tests, plumhall testsuite, and examples:

I assume you're referring to the top level makefile:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/stdcxx/trunk/GNUmakefile

> #
> #   $ make [ lib ] ....
>
> vs.
>
> #   Targets:
> #
> #
> #   libstd    - builds the library

Yep, I see the typo, thanks for pointing it out! The correct name
of the target is lib (it used to be libstd but the name was changed
in http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi?rev=292372&view=rev). A patch
correcting it would be most welcome! :)

Martin