From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Opening Large files on AIX
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 22:02:54 GMT
Jeremy Dean wrote:
> We are using:
>
> VisualAge C++ Professional / C for AIX Compiler, Version 6, on AIX 5.2
>
> We are experiencing problems accessing large (2GB+) files using the RW
> C++
> standard libraries. We do not have the same problem when we use the AIX
> STL.
>
> Is there a work around or a fix for this issue?

I'm afraid not. We don't do large files yet. I believe the system
calls used to implement file streams fail for files over 2GB in size.
We'll either need to switch to a different set of calls or enable
large files using some flag (don't remember which). Go ahead a open
an enhancement request if you would like to see this implemented.

Martin