From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] stdcxx 4.1.2 snapshot
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 18:46:36 GMT
--On August 25, 2005 3:36:13 PM -0600 Martin Sebor <sebor@roguewave.com>
wrote:

> I created a snapshot of the stdcxx 4.1.2 sources as of 7/19/2005 (with
> a couple of exceptions -- see below) and placed in my home directory:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~sebor/stdcxx/stdcxx-incubating-2005-07-19.tar.gz
>
> The MD5 sum for the file is a4e530d14e239fca66a5bfe1e0e68378.
>
> Instructions on unpacking the snapshot, configuring the library, and
> building it and the set of examples are in the README file contained
> in the snapshot and can also be downloaded from here:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/incubator/stdcxx/trunk/etc/c
> onfig/README?rev=240138

A better link is:

<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/stdcxx/trunk/etc/config/README>

(Or is there new changes in trunk you don't want folks to see yet?)

> I successfully built the snapshot with gcc 3.2.3 on Linux. At least one
> user reported (in private) a successful build with Compaq C++ 7.1 on
> Tru64 UNIX.
>
> Please vote to make this snapshot available for download from the
> project Web page.

It builds the static library on Solaris 11.  +1.

I got bit by the fact that I didn't define BUILDDIR= in the top-level
Makefile - if JIRA were up, I'd file an issue to fix that.  Ideally, we
could emit an error message if BUILDDIR= isn't defined instead of erroring
out in a mix of confusing symlink errors.  Yes, README described the right
procedure; but I dislike docs.  ;-)

I also don't think we have the test library yet?  So I can't do much more
with it other than confirm that it builds.

Thanks.  -- justin