From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: source/stdlib/time_put.cpp change
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 18:15:04 GMT
Martin Sebor wrote:
[...]
> Nicole mentioned some crashes in conjunction with these changes. I was
> able to reproduce a crash in a simple Hello, World! program. The stack
> trace below shows that the crash is due to an ODR violation: the program
> contains both the native C++ Standard Library and ours. If you are
> running into the same problem we will need to find a way to prevent
> the linker from linking in the native library.

The -LANG:non-std option is supposed to "Disable use of the standard
C++ library and standard-conforming iostream library" according to
this CC man page:
http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/tpl/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?cmd=getdoc&coll=0650&db=man&fname=1%20CC

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have any effect on the libraries
that the compiler driver links in. With or without the option, they're
always libC, libCio, and libCsup. libCio contains the implementation
of the C++ Standards I/O library.

Martin