From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: svn co
Date Sun, 28 Aug 2005 21:17:19 GMT
Lance Diduck wrote:
> I'll let you know how the Cygwin client turns out, its still downloading.
> I'll still have to work around the case issues. (The solution I did come up
> with is to do a svn list, copy the files names, exclude the problem files,
> and then do svn cp on each file. Subversion doesn't like this, and requires
> doing each directory by hand ( no recursion,) and everything stays locked.
> Subversion solves the issue by asserting that they are a case -insensitive
> repository.

Yeah, that sounds like a pain. We need to rename those two files.

[...]
> But I run across "dueling STL implementation" problems quite often in fact,
> so much so that I don't allow any STL containers, streams and such in the
> public interfaces of the code my teams writes. Apart from stream
> initialization problems, this was the first time I had trouble making two
> STLs coexist.

That (missing two implementations in the same program) is the subject
of stdcxx-1: http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/stdcxx/.
Since you have experience in this area your insight will be valuable
in getting it implemented.

[...]
> BTW I tried to subscribe to the mailing list and got this unusual error

> <stdcxx-dev-subscribe@apache.incubator.com>
>     (reason: 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts
> (#5.7.1))

It's .org, not .com.

Martin