From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: svn co
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 16:00:44 GMT
Lance Diduck wrote:
> I tried svn co a couple of times, and keep getting this error
>
> svn: In directory 'src'
>
> svn: Can't open file 'src\.svn\tmp\text-base\atomic.s.svn-base': The
> system cannot find the file specified.
>
> Then it stops – I get include, doc and most of src .
> Any idea what is happeneing?

I suspect it's caused by the case insensitivity of the Windows NTFS
file system. There are two atomic.* files: atomic.S and atomic.s:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/stdcxx/trunk/src/atomic.S
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/stdcxx/trunk/src/atomic.s

We'll need to deal with this, probably by renaming one of the files
(or both) and changing the build infrastructure correspondingly. Let
me open a bug for it in the stdcxx bug tracking database.

In the meantime you will need to get svn on Windows to work around
it somehow. You can try checking out the files in this directory
individually, or read the Subversion Book to see if there is a better
way: http://svnbook.red-bean.com/. You can also search the svn users
mailing list, I'm pretty sure it's been discussed before:
http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/SearchList?listName=users.

Martin