From "Alex Ostapenko" <alex...@moscow.vdiweb.com>
Subject Re: svn co
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 11:16:46 GMT
Hello, Lance!
You wrote to "'Martin Sebor'" <sebor@roguewave.com> on Sun, 28 Aug 2005
17:05:56 -0400:

LD>I'll let you know how the Cygwin client turns out, its still downloading.
LD>I'll still have to work around the case issues. (The solution I did come
LD>up with is to do a svn list, copy the files names, exclude the problem
files,
LD>and then do svn cp on each file. Subversion doesn't like this, and
LD>requires
LD>doing each directory by hand ( no recursion,) and everything stays
LD>locked.
LD>Subversion solves the issue by asserting that they are a case
LD>-insensitive
LD>repository.

There is much easier way to get files. Just remember that SVN supports
WebDAV protocol and use any WebDAV client to get files. For example, IE
(File->Open, Open Open as web folder checked) could be used here. It will
rename two problematic files to something like filename~2.ext.

With best wishes,
Alex Ostapenko.