incubator-stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From "Rohana Rajapakse" <Rohana.Rajapa...@gossinteractive.com>
Subject RE: Delete, Update locally cached entities
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 13:07:43 GMT
Thanks a lot Rupert.

I am interested in deleting an entity locally cached for a referenced site too. Aren't they
(locally managed entities and referenced site entities cached locally) stored in the same
way (in a Solr/Clerrezza Yard)? Aren't they treated the same/similar (as symbols) once you
store them locally? I thought they were, because you can work with (referenced entities) off-line
once you have locally cached/stored them.

Please point me to any detailed documentation on the web (if any).

Rohana

-----Original Message-----
From: Rupert Westenthaler [mailto:rupert.westenthaler@gmail.com]
Sent: 02 August 2011 12:49
To: stanbol-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Delete, Update locally cached entities

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Rohana Rajapakse
<Rohana.Rajapakse@gossinteractive.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was under the impression that the entityhub/entity can be used for managing local (cached)
entities. I am confused with what this page/endpoint http://localhost:8080/entityhub/entity
says (page to get/create/update/delete Entities Managed by the entity hub). Am I missing something
here?

Yeas the entityhub/entity endpoint supports full CRUD. I was thinking
you talk about updating an entity locally cached for a referenced site

Here are some examples for the "entityhub/entity" service endpoint:

create all entities within the parsed RDF graph

curl -X POST -H "Content-Type: application/rdf+xml" --data
"@{rdfXmlFile}" http://localhost:8080/entityhub/entity

Note that Entities are created for all subjects used in triples of the
parsed RDF data. E.g. parsing a RDF file containing a SKOS thesaurus
should create Entities for all skos:Concept's and the
skos:ConcpetScheme.

If one only want to create a specific Entity (and ignore all other
triples) one needs to specify the ID of the Entity to create as
additional parameter.

curl -X POST -H "Content-Type: application/rdf+xml" --data
"@{rdfXmlFile}" http://localhost:8080/entityhub/entity?id={entity-uri}

This will only create the Entity with the id {entity-uri} and ignore
all triples within the parsed {rdfXmlFile} that use an other URI as
subject.

Retrieval works the same as for referenced sites

curl http://localhost:8080/entityhub/entity?id={entity-uri}

Update works the same way. Only use -X PUT instead of -X POST

To delete an Entity use

curl -X DELETE http://localhost:8080/entityhub/entity?id={entity-id}

best
Rupert Westenthaler

> Rohana

PL1 1LG. Company Registration No: 3553908

>> This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally
privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error
has misdirected this email, please notify the author by replying to this email. If you are
not the intended recipient you may not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this
email.

>> Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information
may be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses.
This email and any files attached to it have been checked with virus detection software before
viruses.

>> wn virus check before opening any attachment. GOSS Interactive Ltd accepts no liability
for any loss or damage that may be caused by software viruses.

--

Sign-up for our free client webinar: http://www.gossinteractive.com/webinar