incubator-stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From "Rohana Rajapakse" <Rohana.Rajapa...@gossinteractive.com>
Subject RE: Delete, Update locally cached entities
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 11:20:52 GMT
Hi,

I was under the impression that the entityhub/entity can be used for managing local (cached)
entities. I am confused with what this page/endpoint http://localhost:8080/entityhub/entity
says (page to get/create/update/delete Entities Managed by the entity hub). Am I missing something
here?

Rohana

-----Original Message-----
From: Rupert Westenthaler [mailto:rupert.westenthaler@gmail.com]
Sent: 02 August 2011 11:06
To: stanbol-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Delete, Update locally cached entities

Hi

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 10:42 AM, Rohana Rajapakse
<Rohana.Rajapakse@gossinteractive.com> wrote:
> How do you delete/update locally cached entities in Entityhub? Which
> endpoint(s) can I use? Can someone pass me a sample CURL instructions
> please.

ReferencedSites are read only. Via the RESTful interface there is no
possibility to delete/update entities.
Currently there is also no possibility to control the behavior of the
local cache.

The preferred way to provide this feature would be to use the HTTP
Cache-Control headers [1] as described by [2].
This would allow to update the local cache by adding the
"Cache-Control: max-age=0" to a request.

To support this one would also need to extend the interface of the
ReferencedSite to allow to parse CacheControl parameters along with
requests.

If this would solve your issue I can create an JIRA issue for this new feature.

best
Rupert Westenthaler

[1] http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html#sec14.9
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/stanbol/docs/trunk/entityhub/entityhubandlinkeddata.html#cache-controlhttpwwww3orgprotocolsrfc2616rfc2616-sec14htmlsec149

> Thanks
>

> Rohana
>

> Sign-up for our monthly newsletter www.gossinteractive.com/newsletter
>
> Registered Office: c/o Bishop Fleming, Cobourg House, Mayflower Street, Plymouth, PL1
1LG. Company Registration No: 3553908

> This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged.
>
> Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information may
be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses.
This email and any files attached to it have been checked with virus detection software before
viruses.

> wn virus check before opening any attachment. GOSS Interactive Ltd accepts no liability
for any loss or damage that may be caused by software viruses.