incubator-stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] code conventions for stanbol project
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 09:22:16 GMT
On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Fabian Christ
<> wrote:
> 2010/12/13 Rupert Westenthaler <>:
>> ...I would suggest to exclude this point and allow longer lines than 80
>> chars...

> Yes, I agree with Rupert. I normally don't use any auto line break at
> all and set line length to 999....

Agreed...for me "something around the width of a modern display" is fine.

I don't care much about 2 or 4 spaces for indents, usually use 4. But
no tabs, agreed.

In general, my opinion is to avoid being religious on these things,
and above all avoid needlessly reformatting source code (initial
cleanup like we're doing now is fine of course).

My advice is: if you just change a few lines in an existing file, just
follow that file's style. And above all don't mix reformatting and
code changes in commits as I said elsewhere.

That being said, +1 on the proposed "rules" - which I'm sure you'll
see me break where it makes sense ;-)

View raw message