incubator-stanbol-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Code that is not ours? (was: Notes on the current stanbol code base)
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 09:16:41 GMT
Hi,

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Stefane Fermigier <sf@nuxeo.com> wrote:
> ...during the trip back from Amsterdam I spent some time reviewing the current Stanbol
code base...

Thanks for this!

> ...4. I have seen code duplicated from external projects...

I have created STANBOL-23 to collect (as dependencies) such code cleanup issues.

> - Base64.java: I know that it's not part of the Java standard Library, but there is an
Apache library for this, let's
> do this instead of forking their code...

Agree, we should use http://commons.apache.org/codec/ for that,
created STANBOL-20 for that.

> - DOMUtils.java: this has been forked from Sun Microsystems code, and as a license that
looks like a BSD license,
> except for this provision "You acknowledge that Software is not designed, licensed or
intended for use in the
> design, construction, operation or maintenance of any nuclear facility." This makes it
non open source, and this file
> has to be removed. (Olivier tells me that Xstreams is a better alternative anyway)....

Created STANBOL-21 for that, needs to be clarified or removed.

> - There are lots (~20) files that have been copied from geonames (I believe)...

Created STANBOL-22 for that.

-Bertrand