incubator-sis-dev mailing list archives

From "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <>
Subject Re: Re. GDAL and Tika Integration
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2012 18:55:14 GMT
Thanks guys, I've filed SIS-32 [1] to track this.

On Feb 12, 2012, at 10:09 AM, Adam Estrada wrote:

> Very cool Joe! I guess the first thing to do would be to marry Tika up with GDAL so that
we can use that to extract necessary metadata from our geospatial data. A simple use case
would be to generate a jar that uses Tika to print basic geospatial metadata from a single
raster image to the console.
> bash: java -jar sis-tika.jar /path/to/file/lanier.img.
> If you are familiar with what lanier.img is, you'll see a bunch of information that describes
a lake just north of Atlanta.
> Adam
> On Feb 11, 2012, at 6:47 PM, Joe White wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm a developer that has used GDAL and OGR extensively over the last couple of years.
 I'd like to help with the integration of GDAL and SIS.  Please let me know what I can do
to help.
>> Joe White

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist