incubator-shiro-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Ledbrook" <pe...@cacoethes.co.uk>
Subject Re: jsecurity status ...
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2008 15:12:53 GMT
> There's a lot of projects that will be java and security eventually.  No
> reason why jsecurity should take the general name as it's own.  I recommend
> finding another name for it.  For example we could have named Triplesec
> jsecurity but we did not because it would violate this spoken policy.

The name JSecurity has quite a bit of traction already in the Grails
community, so I think there would have to be a very good reason for
such a change. Certainly when I was looking for Java security
frameworks, only Acegi and JSecurity were the only serious candidates,
and Acegi seemed very web-centric, whereas JSecurity is a generic
security infrastructure. It certainly deserves the name in my view :)

Cheers,

Peter