incubator-shiro-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Skowronek" <tskowro...@wi.rr.com>
Subject StackOverflowError when calling getUserPrincipal()
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2008 13:46:46 GMT
I have a custom security manager that extends DefaultWebSecurityManager.  I
have overridden the following createSubject().

http://jsecurity.org/api/org/jsecurity/web/DefaultWebSecurityManager.html#cr
eateSubject(org.jsecurity.session.Session,%20javax.servlet.ServletRequest,%2
0javax.servlet.ServletResponse)

In createSubject(), if I cast request to a HttpServletRequest and call
getUserPrincipal(), I get a java.lang.StackOverflowError.  According to the
spec, if the user has not been authenticated, the method returns null.

Any ideas?

This issue originated from the following thread.  Peter suggested I submit
the problem to this list.
http://www.nabble.com/SSO-with-Grails-JSecurity-Plugin-to19996414.html#a2009
5094

The full stacktrace can be seen here.