incubator-shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jsecurity status ...
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2008 15:35:20 GMT
Peter Ledbrook wrote:
>> I don't think so. Howerver, it should be pretty easy to move the current
>> JSecurity site to Apache.
>>
>> Anyway, the message is pretty clear, and it's not about the web site only :
>> unless we start migrating the whole stuff (code, site, jira, etc) to Apache,
>> it's considered as a non apache project. A real concern, after near 5 months
>> in incubation.
>>

> Crikey, 5 months already? Time has flown...

Champion's recruitment started on May, 9th... Time is flying almost as
fast as Dow Jones fells...

>> It's time to move forward !
>>

> Agreed. Looking back, I see Les wanted to get a 0.9.0 release out
> before transferring the source code. Here's hoping we hear from him
> soon. I would certainly favour just moving everything across in one
> fell swoop - the delays have gradually built up. I'll help with what I
> can.

It's important, because code is nothing compared to community building.
If we don't want JSecurity to stay forever into the incubator, of course :)

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com