incubator-shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jsecurity status ...
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2008 15:23:33 GMT
Peter Ledbrook wrote:
>> There's a lot of projects that will be java and security eventually.  No
>> reason why jsecurity should take the general name as it's own.  I recommend
>> finding another name for it.  For example we could have named Triplesec
>> jsecurity but we did not because it would violate this spoken policy.
>>

> The name JSecurity has quite a bit of traction already in the Grails
> community, so I think there would have to be a very good reason for
> such a change.
Alex does not suggest that you change the name, but if you have to keep
JSecurity web site alive, then we have to find another name for the
Apache product (correct me if i'm wrong, Alex).

IMHO, the simplest would be to move all of Jsecurity web site to Apache,
keeping the name, et all.

Except if we find, during the incubation and IP clearing, that it's a
real problem (but this is one of the incubation target, beside a wealthy
community :)

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com