incubator-shindig-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Brown" <e...@google.com>
Subject Shindig 1.0 release timeline.
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 10:20:06 GMT
Hi everyone,

We've been saying for a while that 0.8 completion was a prerequisite for our
first release. As we approach this milestone, it's time to really get
serious about it.

To make this happen, we're going to need to do the following:

1. Lock down all public interfaces and signatures. This is critical if we
want to be able to offer any compatibility guarantees.

2. Get rid of rough edges. Now is the time to resolve any outstanding
integration issues.

3. Lock down a target release date. September 30th gets my vote, but I'm
willing to hear arguments otherwise.

We can lock down the release into distinct components, as long as
compatibility guarantees are met, but we should strive to release everything
at around the same time so as to avoid developer confusion.

There are 5 major components that need to be released:

- javascript (all together, due to interdependencies)
- Java/PHP social data component
- Java/PHP gadget rendering component

I'm not that concerned about the java web app artifact, but that wouldn't
hurt either.