From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: April board report
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2009 08:57:31 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 10:40 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org> wrote:
> 3) try to graduate :) Now, obviously we can't make it into an own TLP,
> so we need to become a sub project of an existing TLP. I thought about
> Tikka (well, Lucene in this case) and Apache Commons.

Tika is a higher level library that generally prefers to avoid
focusing too much on the byte-level specifics of any given file
format. Thus I tend to agree that Commons is probably a better match
for Sanselan.

There's already a precedent of Tika using a Commons component as a
parser library  (the new commons-compress library for gz, bz2, tar,
cpio, ar, zip and jar files).

BR,

Jukka Zitting