From Padmanabhan_She...@emc.com
Subject EXIF metadata from Tiff Format
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 15:55:21 GMT
Hi,

I am new to Sanselan.. I would like to extract EXIF metadata from Tiff
image... When using Sanselan, I have noticed some of the properties like
Make, Model etc are missing. Is there any way to extract ALL metadata
information from TIFF image.. Its extracting all the info nicely from
JPEG format.

This is what I used

        IImageMetadata metadata = null;

        Try

        {

            metadata = Sanselan.getMetadata(file);

        } catch ( ImageReadException e) {

            e.printStackTrace();

        } catch ( IOException e) {

            e.printStackTrace();

        }

        if( metadata instanceof TiffImageMetadata)

        {

            TiffImageMetadata tiggMetadata = (TiffImageMetadata)
metadata;

             ArrayList items = tiggMetadata.getItems();

            for (int i = 0; i < items.size(); i++) {

                Object item = items.get(i);

                System.out.println("    " + "item: " +

                    item);

            }

            System.out.println(tiggMetadata.toString());

        }

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

Sheeba Padmanabhan