From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [Vote] 0.96 release candidate
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2009 04:43:09 GMT
Good job.

+1 for release of the artifacts in the http://people.apache.org/~cmchen/dist/incubator/sanselan/0.96/

  directory.

I've downloaded the public key and verified signatures for two of the
artifacts. So the public key and process are good.

Since we have the required three +1 votes from Incubator PMC members
(Jeremias, Carsten, and me), all we need is a lazy consensus vote in
general at incubator. No need to respin and revote.

Craig

On Jan 14, 2009, at 8:10 PM, Charles Matthew Chen wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>   Thanks for the feedback.
>
>   I've fixed the following problems:
>
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 6:14 AM, Philipp Koch <pkoch@day.com> wrote:
>> * licence, notice, header, readme and release-notes files are OK
>> except:
>>  - release-notes state: Release 0.95 instead of Release 0.96
>
>   I've fixed this.
>
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 6:14 AM, Philipp Koch <pkoch@day.com> wrote:
>>  - README.txt: state Collective work: Copyright 2007-2008 The Apache
>> Software Foundation. mustn't in be 2007 - 2009
>>  - NOTICE.txt: same as README.txt
>
>   I've fixed this.
>
> On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 1:30 PM, Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org
> > wrote:
>> I think the key to verify the release should be available on a public
>> server.
>
>   I've added my key to MIT and the SKS Network.
>
> http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html#keyserver
> http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html#keyserver-upload
>
>   No one seems to consider the problems with README.txt, NOTICE.txt
> or RELEASE_NOTES to be blockers, so I haven't generated a new version
> of the release.  Should this vote be considered complete and move to
> the general incubator list?  I'd like to wait until at least Craig is
> +1 and make sure the other voters' votes are no longer conditional.
>
> Thanks,
>   Charles

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com