From Joe <qbpro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Voice of Encouragement
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2008 13:33:16 GMT
It's mostly texture formats.

TIFF needs to be fully supported.  We get many tiff files that we have
to open and convert to other formats.
TGA needs read/write support.
JPEG needs to be fully supported (from the table it looks like part of
it is missing).
SGI's RGB\RGBA\SGI need read and write support. (I know this isn't a
common format, but one we see often unfortunately.)
PCX may need to be supported.

Pretty much, if someone throws an image at our application, we need to
be able to convert it to a format we can view.  Right now we're using
JNI to DevIL (http://openil.sourceforge.net), as we find it easier to
deploy than ImageMagick.  A pure java solution would be ideal though,
as it would be completely cross-platform.  Linux support is a also a
goal.

Joe