From "Charles Matthew Chen" <charlesmc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Copying IPTC/EXIF data from one file to another...
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 20:29:04 GMT
Hi Christopher,

   This is an interesting question.

   Sanselan cannot read or write image data from JPEG files, so it
can't be used to resize the images.  However, it can be used to read
and write metadata from existing JPEGs.  It can currently write EXIF
metadata, including copying EXIF data from one jpg to another (ie. the
resized image file).  It can also do this with XMP metadata.  The
ability to do something similar with IPTC metadata is under active
development and should be ready soon.

   For an example of the EXIF update feature, see the
changeExifMetadata() example in this file, which should be easily
adapted to your needs:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/sanselan/trunk/src/examples/java/org/apache/sanselan/sampleUsage/WriteExifMetadataExample.java

Charles