From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Sanselan 0.93 Release Vote
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 18:28:11 GMT
I have no objection to including it. I first noticed that this format
was generated (apparently automatically by maven) and questioned its
value.

But since it has value (I learned something), and it's extra work to
remove it, I have no problem with having it as a download format in
future.

Craig

On Aug 4, 2008, at 10:51 AM, Endre StĂžlsvik wrote:

>> * I've removed the bz2-compressed distributions generated by Maven.
>
> Why? That's the most compressed format of the three by far, and will
> become more and more common. Any unix can uncompress it these days,
> and since gzip and bzip2 both mainly target unix, I don't quite see
> why not more and more releases should be done using it. It will
> require a tad more place on the server, but it will be more than
> compensated by all the downloads, both for Apache and the end-users.
>
> Endre.

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!