From "Charles Matthew Chen" <charlesmc...@gmail.com>
Subject Incubation work items
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 08:41:31 GMT
Hi,

   I was reviewing the "Incubation work items" section of the
"Sanselan Project Incubation Status" page.

http://incubator.apache.org/projects/sanselan.html

   I have the impression that many of the work items have been done or
don't apply.

"""
x. 	Make sure that the requested project name does not already exist
and check www.nameprotect.com to be sure that the name is not already
trademarked for an existing software product.
"""

   sanselan.com was indeed available; I registered it this morning.  I
can transfer this to Apache whenever it is appropriate.

"""
x. Subscribe all Mentors on the pmc and general lists.
x. Give all Mentors access to the incubator SVN repository. (to be
done by PMC chair)
x. Tell Mentors to track progress in the file
'incubator/projects/{project.name}.html'
"""

   I'm not sure where these stand.

"""
x. Check and make sure that the papers that transfer rights to the ASF
been received. It is only necessary to transfer rights for the
package, the core code, and any new code produced by the project.
"""

   I believe this paperwork was done a year ago.

"""
x. Check and make sure that the files that have been donated have been
updated to reflect the new ASF copyright.
"""

   Does this simply refer to the Apache License header in the source
files?  If so, I believe RAT has proven helpful in demonstrating that
this is done.

"""
x. Check and make sure that for all code included with the
distribution that is not under the Apache license, e have the right to
combine with Apache-licensed code and redistribute.
x. Check and make sure that all source code distributed by the project
is covered by one or more of the following approved licenses: Apache,
BSD, Artistic, MIT/X, MIT/W3C, MPL 1.1, or something with essentially
the same terms.
"""

   All of the code in the distribution is under the Apache License 2.0.

"""
x. Check that all active committers have submitted a contributors agreement.
x. Add all active committers in the STATUS file.
x. Ask root for the creation of committers' accounts on people.apache.org.
"""

   I believe this is done.

"""
x. Ask infrastructure to create source repository modules and grant
the committers karma.
x. Ask infrastructure to set up and archive Mailing lists.
x. Decide about and then ask infrastructure to setup an issuetracking
system (Bugzilla, Scarab, Jira).
x. Migrate the project to our infrastructure.
"""

   I believe this is done as well.

   Is there anything on this list we need to address?

Thanks,
  Charles