From "Charles Matthew Chen" <charlesmc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sanselan 0.93 Release Vote
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 23:03:24 GMT
Hi Jeremias,

   Thanks for the valuable notes.  I've generated a new version
(0.94), available here:

http://people.apache.org/~cmchen/dist/incubator/sanselan/0.94/

 * I've used the prefix: apache-sanselan-incubating.
 * I've added an incubating disclaimer to the README file.
 * I've consolidated the "temp" and "tmp" folders.
 * That DynamicImport is indeed unnecessary; I've removed it.
 * I've fixed the Bundle-Description and Bundle-DocURL properties of
the manifest.
 * I've modified the pom.xml to use custom assembly descriptors that
I've checked in under src/assemble.  I've used them to a) remove the
.bz2-compressed files. b) add the KEYS file to the bin distribution.

   I also figured out how to include the javadocs in the binary
release, but only after I made the release.  If its all the same,
let's include them in future releases.

> Doesn't the vote need to be on the main incubator mailing list?

   I'm not sure, but I'm looking at:

"""
The conventional process is for the podling to follow the usual Apache
process (including TODO: link release vote) and then call for a
Incubator PMC VOTE on the TODO: link general incubator list.
"""
from http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice-incubator-release-vote

   To my eyes, that seems to suggest that the PMC vote takes place on
the general incubator list, but that follows a vote by committers on
the project's mailing list.

   The main Apache voting guidelines have nothing to suggest otherwise either:

Thanks again,
   Charles