From "Charles Matthew Chen" <charlesmc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 08:56:30 GMT
Hi Craig,

   I've made a public_html dir as you suggested:

http://people.apache.org/~cmchen/

> What I did was to create a dist directory that upon successful voting, gets
> copied directly into the incubator/dist directory. So whatever is in dist
> should exactly match incubator/dist.

   Your suggestion sounds good.  This raises the question of how our
releases should be organized inside dist?  This seems to vary slightly
by project.  ie. jdo and wicket have a separate dir for each release:

http://www.apache.org/dist/db/jdo/2.0/
http://www.apache.org/dist/wicket/1.4-m3/

   Felix puts everything in one folder:

http://www.apache.org/dist/felix/

   Maven separates binary and source releases:

http://www.apache.org/dist/maven/binaries/
http://www.apache.org/dist/maven/source/

   Shall we follow the jdo appraoch?   Presumably we will use:

http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/sanselan

   So, I've moved the release and a copy of KEYS into:

http://people.apache.org/~cmchen/dist/0.92-incubator/

   With the intention that it would end up here:

http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/sanselan/0.92-incubator/

   Also, where should the maven-metadata.xml be placed?

> You should run RAT on the distribution artifacts to make sure that the
> LICENSE, NOTICE, etc. files are all ok.

   I don't see a binary release for RAT at:

http://incubator.apache.org/rat/
http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/

Charles.