From "Charles Matthew Chen" <charlesmc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 22:42:41 GMT
   Okay, I've worked my way through the first portion of the Felix
release management process.

> http://felix.apache.org/site/release-management.html

   I've reached this step:

"""
Upload these files to people.apache.org into your home folder and put
them there together with the KEYS file containing your public key so
we can verify the signatures.
"""

   I've uploaded my KEYS file and the output of the maven release
build to my account (~cmchen) on people.apache.org.  I kept the folder
structure of the output, so most of the files are in:

 ~/org/apache/sanselan/sanselan/0.92-incubator/

   ie.:

 ~/org/apache/sanselan/sanselan/0.92-incubator/sanselan-0.92-incubator-bin.zip

   Shall we start up the voting?  Is there anything obviously wrong
with this build?

   My first thought is about the source package.  Craig said:

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 10:42 PM, Craig L Russell <Craig.Russell@sun.com> wrote:
> This project could have a single source distribution (.zip) and a single
> binary distribution (.jar).
>
> The source distro could be simply a zip of the source tree (rooted at
> trunk).
>
> The binary distro could be the result of building the .jar file and making
> sure that the appropriate LICENSE and NOTICE files are included when
> building it.

   The source distro in this build includes the tests and the test
resources (ie. the test image suite).  This will make the source
distro much, much larger.  Should we offer a no-test version of the
source distro?

Charles