From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: IPMC vote on general@
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 16:05:10 GMT
The release is now visible on the web site.

Congratulations, all. Now we should announce it to the world on
announce at apache dot org.

Charles, do you have anything suitable for a general announcement of
Sanselan? Features, benefits, why anyone would want to use it? When we
announce this on the general Apache announce list people with a need
for it should be able to tell that they need it.

For examples, take a look at previous announcements at markmail, e.g.
http://markmail.org/search/?q=announce%40apache.org#query:announce
%40apache.org+page:5+mid:ehizeuksui2bs5wr+state:results

Craig

On Jul 30, 2008, at 5:57 AM, Charles Matthew Chen wrote:

> Hi Carsten,
>
>   I've chmod +gw'ed the files in the release - I take it that's what
> you meant.
>
> Thanks,
>   Charles
>
> ps. "I went go ahead and copy the release." English is my first
> language.
>

> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 2:12 PM, Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org
> > wrote:
>> Charles Matthew Chen schrieb:
>>>
>>> Hi Craig,
>>>
>>>  You're right, I did have permission.  I went go ahead and copy the
>>> release.  ie. I copied it to:
>>>
>>> /www/www.apache.org/dist/incubator
>>>
>> Hi Charles,
>>
>> one additional thing, can you please make the files group writeable
>> (including the 0.94 dir)? This allows everyone in the group to
>> change things
>> if it might be necessary (however in reality it shouldn't be
>> required).
>>
>> Carsten
>>

>> --
>> Carsten Ziegeler