From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Sanselan 0.93 Release Vote
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 15:49:22 GMT
I looked at the signatures and md5 checksums for the four artifacts
and they look good.

But the artifacts do need to have -incubating in their file names.
It's not sufficient to have incubator in the path name since once you
download the files they lose their path.

I didn't look inside the artifacts, but trust others will have done so.

So, -1 based on the file names. If these get fixed, +1

Craig

On Jul 22, 2008, at 7:25 AM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Great!
>
> I'll try to have a look at the dist today.
>
> Thanks
> Carsten
>
> Charles Matthew Chen wrote:
>> Hello there,
>>  I've reorganized the proposed 0.93 release of Sanselan following
>> Craig's suggestions.  Let's put this release to a vote.
>>  The proposed release can be found here:
>> http://people.apache.org/~cmchen/dist/
>>  Here's a summary of the reorganization that I've just done:
>> * I've reorganized the folder structure so that it exactly matches
>> what would be copied to www.apache.org/dist.
>> * I've renamed the folders and files to conform with Apache customs.
>> ie. the I renamed the -project files to -src.  I also removed the
>> -incubator suffix from the files.
>> * I've removed the extra checksum files generated by Maven.
>> * Maven generated both a -bin distribution as well as a plain .jar.
>> I've removed the plain jar.
>> * I've removed the bz2-compressed distributions generated by Maven.
>>   Also, I've attached the RAT output for the bin and src releases.
>> RAT seems a little wary of the .txt and text-like (ie. .ppm) files in
>> the source distribution.
>>   Apache's "A Guide To Release Management During Incubation" (DRAFT)
>> has a checklist:
>> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#check-list
>>  I believe everything on that checklist is good to go.
>>  For the record, here's a couple more relevant links on release
>> voting:
>> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice-incubator-release-vote
>> http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html
>> Charles.