From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sanselan 0.93 Release Vote
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 15:35:24 GMT
Craig L Russell wrote:
> Hi Carsten,
>
> I guess one key reason for having multiple mentors is that no two Apache
> people agree on anything. ;-)

Hehe, and that's why we have three mentors - this either creates a
majority of 2:1 or three totally different opinions :) (I guess most
times its the latter)

> My input is to suggest that the team create a process that doesn't
> involve busy work and is transparent to the developers and users.
> Respinning a release is work; changing the release number is busy work.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Busy_work ;-)
:) Yeah, I'm fine with doing it this way - it's just that most of the
other projects I'm working on at Apache do it the way I described. But
that's no problem. We can do it "your way" :)

The only technical problem I see is that we use the mvn release plugin
to create the release and this one automatically creates a tag. But we
can invoke the release plugin from your suggested release branch, it
creates the tag and we just remove it by hand afterwards - not that nice
I know. Perhaps there is a better way.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler