From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: [Vote] Sanselan Release 0.94
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2008 06:43:47 GMT
A vote, even a release vote, should run for at least 72 hours (given the
Saturday deadline, I think you wanted to write 72 hours) to give
everyone a chance to look into the topic at hand. Even if no vetoes are
possible, someone might still find a critical issue after the first 3 +1
votes have been collected. If nothing else it's a QA measure.

http://apache.org/foundation/voting.html
"Votes should generally be permitted to run for at least 72 hours to
provide an opportunity for all concerned persons to participate
regardless of their geographic locations."

Jeremias Maerki