From Endre StĂžlsvik <Onl...@stolsvik.com>
Subject Re: JPEG Support
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2008 18:14:44 GMT
Charles Matthew Chen wrote:
> Hi Carsten,
>
>    I don't know of existing jpeg code we could use.

You do have open source C code. C is not Java, but it does mean that you
could basically translate the code, instead of having to read the spec
and design the entire thing from scratch.

For JPEG:

The IJG code, C, "BSD style with acknowledge clause":
   (The ijg.org site was apparently down today.)

Stanford PVRG, C, Public Domain, "don't blame us":
   http://www.panix.com/~eli/jpeg/

About these:
   http://www.faqs.org/faqs/jpeg-faq/part2/section-15.html

For JPEG 2000 (which should be used way more!):

JPEG 2000, C, BSD license:
   http://www.openjpeg.org/

JasPer, C, BSD style license:
   http://www.ece.uvic.ca/~mdadams/jasper/

JJ2000 (Java reference implementation of JPEG 2000), strange license
(only talks about the copyright), but looks like one can use it):
   http://jj2000.epfl.ch/jj_download/index.html
   http://jpeg2000.epfl.ch/

Endre.