From "Philipp Koch" <philipp.k...@day.com>
Subject Re: JPEG Support
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 07:21:16 GMT
i don't agree with jeremias in some points because sanselan proved to
me very helpful in many cases especially for tiff handling for which i
couln't find another good library. also the quick retrieval of a
BufferedImage from many of the image types (unfortunately not from
jpeg) is very cool. imageIO is ok in many cases for jpeg handling, but
lacks of some special (e.g. adobe) jpeg support. having jpeg supported
in the sanselan project would:
- ease of fixing bugs like the above mentioned missing adobe jpeg
(inline pdf images) issue.
- make the sanselan lib THE image library to use for image operations
(so you do not have to worry about using the "right" library)

regards,
philipp