From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: JPEG Support
Date Sun, 13 Apr 2008 08:17:43 GMT
Kind'a beats the purpose of Sanselan if you ask me. If you just want to
load JPEGs and extract some metadata you can just as well use
javax.imageio directly. If there's any relationship between ImageIO and
Sanselan it's that at some point it makes sense to write ImageIO codec
adapters for all codecs in Sanselan. At least, that would be the first
thing I'd write if we had a pure-Java JBIG2 and/or JPEG codec inside
Sanselan. Until then I personally don't even have a reason to use
Sanselan at all because ImageIO (plus JAI Image I/O Tools) gives me
everything I need. (Sorry, Charles)

On 12.04.2008 19:50:29 Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Hi Charles,
>
> Charles Matthew Chen wrote:
> > Hi Carsten,
> >
> >    I don't know of existing jpeg code we could use.
> >
> What about the javax.image stuff? Can't we somehow use that?
>

> Carsten
>

> --
> Carsten Ziegeler
> cziegeler@apache.org