From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject JBIG2 codec: GSoC project?
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 16:51:42 GMT
GSoC is about to start. I just thought, it would be extremely good to
have a JBIG2 codec for Java under an acceptable license. Both FOP and
PDFBox (incubating) would benefit from that a lot! It would actually be
a reason for FOP to adopt Sanselan in the first place as, at the moment,
it doesn't offer anything over the duo: ImageIO and JAI ImageIO Tools.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JBIG2

This would make a good GSoC project, wouldn't it? However, I'm not sure,
yet, if I should be a mentor on this if maybe I have another idea in the
FOP-area where my priorities lie. Anyone around who would burn to be a
mentor here?

WDYT?

Jeremias Maerki